Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nerf


One of the best things about Duke is the generous vacation they give doctoral students. Christopher has an entire month of for winter break, which means that we've been able to hang out together all week. And we've been having fun. I'm using my free time to get ready to take the GRE in just a few days (eek!) and Christopher has been using his free time to watch me get ready to take the GRE. Today when I stopped drilling vocab words to use the bathroom, he allotted me four minutes and then made me get back to it. Seriously.

There is one activity that Christopher always gives me time off for. My littlest sister gave us a Nerf basketball hoop that hooks over the door for Christmas this year. Chris set it up immediately and has been challenging me to one on one games ever since. This morning Christopher killed me while we played a championship game to an NBA style beat on our new keyboard. (PS. He cheats). If anyone is wondering why we just sold our guest bed and mattress, apparently it is because we needed a basketball court instead of a comfortable bedroom for visiting loved ones. Sorry guys.

While I was writing this post, Christopher worked really hard to get a picture of his winning shot.

5 comments:

  1. Haha I love this. He gave you four minutes for a bathroom break? Awesome. :) Good luck on the GRE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the guest bed.... that was meant for me, got traded for a basketball hoop????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that's so funny. Tell me more about you studying for the GRE! What are you hoping to go back to school in? I still don't have the desire to go back to school. I'm really enjoying coming home from work and not having to do anything but cook and watch TV or read or watch a movie or talk on the phone. Aaahh. You should come up and visit sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess none of you commented on the photo because you knew that there were no words to describe the amazing feat of capturing the ball actually passing through the hoop, using only an ordinary camera with a timer. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nerf bball Cheej? You want a shot to impress us? Pah. heehee, just kidding! The shot is awesome, and so are Missy's study habits

    ReplyDelete